Autoscopy Project

 







Estimated time to complete: 1 hour

            My initial inspiration for this project was that I feel like sometimes I have my head in the clouds. I feel like I am a daydreamer, and I always find myself staring into "space." When I do catch myself staring into space, I like to think about aliens. I have always though aliens were so cool and we barely know what life exists on our planet, so I definitely do feel like there has to be some form of life on other planets. I also wanted to play with the idea that I like to stare into "space," by using some elements from space, such as the UFO and aliens. I thought this would be clever. 

            I had to use many different tools to get this project completed how I wanted it to be, such as the quick selection tool to make all of my masks. I had to make four different masks for myself, both aliens, and the UFO. I also added adjustment layers to everything to make the colors exactly how I wanted them. I also had to use the refine edges tool on all of my masks, in order to make the edges smoother to blend in the photo. All in all, I really enjoyed this project and finally getting to express myself using these alien. This project was fun, and I think being a daydreamer is a good thing. I don't want to change myself, and I think it's not a bad thing to have your head up in the clouds sometimes. 



Comments

  1. Your project looks absolutely amazing! Its great how you took the more literal route for "head up in the clouds" and "staring off into space." The project you created looks really fun and vibrant with the images you choose and it gets you in a good mood too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I definitely was going for that happy, feel-good vibe.

      Delete
  2. I love this so much! It is such an original idea; I like how you did not just edit yourself into clouds but you added different sky and space related objects. I really like the touch of different aliens and UFOs. It has such a good vibe to it. Also, you did an amazing job blending yourself into the background, refining your edges with the layer masks definitely helped. Overall, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your feedback! I definitely had to work hard on that mask to get the edges of my hair to look how I wanted them to. The masks were tough, but I figured it out in the end.

      Delete
  3. This is so fun! You did a great job making everything look cohesive so it looks like you're actually in the sky, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Masking myself out to look like I was really in the sky was tough.

      Delete
  4. Great Job on your autoscopy project, I really like how playful its is. Great job masking the different images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I am a playful person, so I am happy you noticed that.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Business cards

Self Portrait Propaganda