Indesign 3 Tutorials

 The pencil tool 


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnXFsq8FEec 

        I think that this tool will be pretty easy to use, in general. It's giving me very much adobe illustrator pen tool vibes. All you have to do is draw your line and then let go and then you have the line that you wanted. I think I will use this tool a lot if I wanted to draw something specific, and something that can have some rougher edges. I found it super interesting that you can move the line across the x and y axis, and you can rotate whatever line that you draw. I also thought it was interesting that you can put a shadow behind your line, and basically do anything that you desire with it. I feel like this tool is going to prove to be very useful to me whenever we start this new program. 


The line tool


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEvvDVKH8Go

        I think that this tool looks super easy to use, and I feel like this would be a very good one to use. I like that this tool, unlike the pencil tool, will give you a nice straight line no matter how you would drag your cursor. I don't think I will use this tool too much, unless I were to need it for separating something. If I would need it, however, I am confident that I would be okay using it. I thought it was super interesting that it automatically draws the line nice and straight. This is useful in case you know you need a straight line, so you don't have to use the pencil tool. Similarly to the pencil tool, I also thought it was interesting that you can change its fill and thickness. You can move it around however you want, as well. I think the drop-shadow effect also looks really interesting and I cannot wait to try this out as well. 


The Smooth tool


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBsphq_9yZA

        I think this tool will be pretty easy to use, and I think it would also prove to be very useful. I like that it is under the same section as the pencil tool, so that we will remember it is used in order to smooth lines that we make with the pencil tool. I chose this tool for my video because having smooth, clean lines is important and I know that this tool can help me accomplish this goal. I think that I will use this tool a lot, especially if I want to work with the pencil tool, which I know I will end up with some curvy lines. I found it super interesting that the way this tool works, is actually by removing anchor points. I think that's pretty cool because we've been working with anchor points all year, so I liked how that felt familiar. By removing these anchor points, my lines will be smoother and I can successfully create projects. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Business cards

Self Portrait Propaganda