Photoshop project BW to color

 





Time to complete: 6 hours


        I chose this picture to being with because I feel like it is a great representation of myself. I am always happy and love my city of Pittsburgh, which is in the background of the photo, so that is why I knew this photo was absolutely perfect. I had to use many different techniques in this project that really stressed me out, and took me a very long time to get exactly as I wanted. Utilizing many different layers in photoshop was definitely my key to success, as I don't know if I would have been able to do it without all these different layers. Many tears were shed in doing this project, as getting the tag brush into photoshop was difficult, too. In the end, I prevailed. 

        My color choices were based off of the fact that in the original picture I really liked the way that my blue jeans popped. I chose a blue that I liked on color.adobe and I ran with it. My absolute favorite was definitely square, as that is the first one that I completed. I liked the different colors in complimentary and triad as well, even though I look like Shrek in the complimentary one that's okay. I chose to put my colors on the left side of the image because the photo was in portrait mode and we read from left to right, so I thought it made most sense to have my colors down the left side. I got to use masks, the quick selection tool, several layers, brushes, and colors in completing this project. I really enjoyed creating my three different color projects, and my square color choice is my favorite one out of the three. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Business cards

Self Portrait Propaganda