Somewhere Project

 





Time to complete: 1 hour

            For my somewhere project I decided to use a photo from Family Feud because this was one of my favorite shows to watch when I was growing up. I figured that I could pretty easily photoshop myself as one of the family members standing at their podium, so this is what I decided to do. I also always wanted to be a contestant on this show, so I knew that this project was my chance to get as close to being on the show as I could. I used many different techniques for this project, mainly the masking technique. I had to mask myself out of the photo that I placed embedded into the original photo of the family. I used the refine edge brush tool, to get a more perfect image of myself around the rough edges that were originally present. 

            Once I had the proper image of myself in there, I placed in a few different adjustment layers to try and make myself blend in a little bit better. I messed with the hue and saturation and vibrance adjustment layers to saturate myself more and use some cool colors. I decided to place my tag brush right next to the family name because I thought this was the most fitting place for it. It's supposed to be acting like our family symbol; it's like the logo tag brush is representing our family name. I made it red because I thought it would really pop out if it was red. I really enjoyed this project and took my original idea and ran with it. I didn't realize photoshop is not as hard as I once thought it was. 

Comments

  1. You did a great job masking and embedding yourself into family feud ! You used this project to achieve one of your dreams in a way and I think that's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Autoscopy Project

Business cards

Self Portrait Propaganda